Because one in six individuals with Alzheimer’s will wander, Alzheimer’s Tennessee and MedicAlert Foundation International have teamed together to help improve the overall safety of those living with Alzheimer’s or related dementia.
MedicAlert Found is a program designed to protect the health and safety of those living with Alzheimer’s or related dementia across the country.
Operating as a live 24-hour emergency response service; any person with Alzheimer’s who experiences a medical emergency, or who may wander and become lost will receive exceptional treatment and care while first responders work with a MedicAlert Emergency Response Specialist to safely reunite patients with their loved ones.How MedicAlert helps in a wandering emergency
Member is reported missing
• Information and photo are faxed to local police and local Alzheimer's organizations, who help in the search.
Member is found
• Citizen or police officer finds the person and calls the toll-free number listed on the member’s MedicAlert® ID.
• MedicAlert notifies the member’s contacts, making sure the person is safely returned home.
Live 24-hour emergency response service for wandering and medical emergencies
$26.99 membership fee includes:
• Emergency wallet card
• Live 24/7 emergency response service
• Emergency Medical Information Record
• Advance Directive Storage
Plus $27.99 member stainless steel bracelet or necklace*
OPTIONAL: Add $6.99 for caregiver membership plus $27.99 for medical ID
• Membership includes everything listed above
• The caregiver wears our worldwide recognized MedicAlert ID to alert others that she or he provides care for a MedicAlert member, in case of an emergency
*For those who find the fees to be a hardship, financial assistance is available based on need.
How to Enroll
Click the link above to download and print the brochure. Complete the attched application and mail to:
5801 Kingston Pike, Suite 101
Knoxville, TN 37919
Or call (888) 326-9888