Friday, September 14
2018 Statewide Purple Out DayJoin Tennesseans from Memphis to Mountain City wearing purple and decorating offices, classrooms and homes to raise awareness and support Alzheimer's Tennessee's mission. The 4th Annual Purple Out Day on Friday, September 14 is championed by more than 200 Court Clerks across Tennessee. Businesses, schools and individuals are encouraged to join in to make the Volunteer State purple and show our support for families facing Alzheimer's disease.
Alzheimer's Tennessee Purple Out Day
Because Alzheimer’s disease and dementia impact so many people, the Board of Directors for the State Court Clerks Association of Tennessee voted to adopt and support Alzheimer’s Tennessee, a Tennessee-based 501c3 not-for-profit organization that provides support services, promotes brain health through education, and champions research for better prevention and treatment strategies.
Order your 2018 Purple Out T-shirts!
It's the perfect way to tell everyone why you're wearing purple: To Make Alzheimer's a Memory. Show your official support this year and order the 2018 Purple Out t-shirts for you, your office, family and friends. This year, all shirts will be delivered right to you. Be sure to order by Wednesday, August 29 to ensure you receive them before Purple Out Day.
If you would like to place one large order for your group, you may want to print this order form to pass around and help you submit the order. Enter one credit card or check online, or mail form with funds.
Please share about your participation
You will find posters to download on this page, plus share your plans via email, social media and with local media, including newspapers, radio and television partners who will invite your community to get involved.
Participate in the following ways:
1.) Go purple.
How to Go Purple:
- Purple Out Your Social Media. Take pictures of yourself, co-workers, decorations... everything your doing to "Go Purple" and share them with the #PurpleOutDay hashtag.
- Wear Purple. If you have an official "Purple Out Day" shirt show your colors! If not, Friday is the day to wear anything purple. Get yourself a purple scarf, tie, ribbon or piece of jewelry and be part of the effort to Make Alzheimer's a Memory.
- Sock Out the Day. Thousands across the state have picked up a pair of these stylish Purple and Orange Alzheimer's Tennessee Socks. Put them on and roll up your cuffs to show your support!
- Decorate and Collect Donations. Purple out your office, classroom or courthouse to raise awareness with everyone you see on "Purple Out Day." Collect donations in honor of a loved one or plan a fundraiser to support Alzheimer's Tennessee's mission. Click here to make a donation online.Decorate at Home. A purple wreath on your door or purple decorations on you mailbox will show the world your support for those facing Alzheimer's disease.
2.) Alzheimer’s Tennessee Tribute Wall.
Ask employees and the community to honor and memorialize loved ones by bringing in pictures of those who have lived with Alzheimer’s disease to create an Alzheimer’s Tennessee Tribute Wall.
You may find the following materials helpful to print, post and share:
Educational resources are also available for each Clerk’s office at the Clerks of Court Conference at the May and June 2016 Conferences. Offices may want to make brochures including the following available:
- Alzheimer’s disease Overview
- Alzheimer’s disease Early to Middle Stages
- Alzheimer’s disease Late Stages
Along with displaying your purple spirit, each clerk is invited to make a $50 donation and each deputy clerk is encouraged to make a $10 donation.
Please make checks payable to Alzheimer’s Tennessee and bring donations to the September Clerks Conference or mail to Tom Hatcher’s office at 926 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, Maryville, TN 37804.
100% of the proceeds will benefit Tennesseans. A check will be presented to Alzheimer’s Tennessee at the COAT Conference this Fall.
Those who want to truly champion this cause may find additional ways of raising funds, through coin cans, bake sales (or even bakeless bake sales), “Casual for a Cause” days, and other FUNdraisers.If you'd like, you can also donate online.
Please feel free to call Alzheimer’s Tennessee toll-free at 888.326.9888 and ask for Kay Watson kay.watson@TNalz.org or Larry Effler larry.effler@TNalz.org.
You may also reach the Alzheimer’s Tennessee office on the Cumberland Plateau at 931.526.8010 and ask for Amanda Barlow amanda.barlow@TNalz.org and Tracy Plant tracy.plant@TNalz.org.
Tracey Kendall Wilson is the contact in the Northeast Tennessee office at 423.232.8993 or Tracey.KendallWilson@TNalz.org