Lexus of Knoxville Big Red Bow Project
Click here to download a printable wishlist!
Lexus of Knoxville, WATE 6, B97.5 and Alzheimer’s Tennessee are teaming up to make Christmas brighter for individuals facing Alzheimer’s and dementia in Knoxville and surrounding counties.
All we ask is that you pick up NEW, simple everyday items, such as lotions, blankets, scarves, robes, magnifying glasses, mp3 players, CD’s or DVD’s with music or shows from the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s, puzzles with large pieces — or other items listed below on the “Wish List”.
Lexus of Knoxville will collect donations. You can bring any of the items from the wish list below to the dealership during regular business hours and put them under the purple “Memory Tree”. Please bring your gifts through Wednesday, December 7.
Alzheimer’s Tennessee will coordinate visits by a Purple Santa and his volunteer purple elves to deliver gifts to individuals living in nursing homes and senior communities as well as home health care recipients in Knox, Blount, Anderson and Loudon counties.
Let’s join together to make a brighter Christmas for those touched by Alzheimer’s and dementia all across East Tennessee.
Holiday “Wish List” for Individuals Living with Alzheimer’s or dementia
New items only please
* Indicates items make good gifts for many people
- Music CD’s (1940s, 50s or 60s or Hymns)
- Sing Along DVDs
- CD Players & DVD players (for individuals’ rooms)
- Puzzles (LARGE-SIZED pieces 4” x 4”, 6” x 6”)
- Games (JUMBO playing cards & simple table games like Checkers, Chess, Uno, Dominoes, Jenga, Timber Tumble, and indoor foam Horseshoes)
- Appropriate Movies on DVDs (ie Black & White, Old Westerns, Musicals, Traditional Holiday, Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy, Nature)
- Bird feeders or Miniature Bird Houses (for painting)
- Water color paint & LARGE-PRINT painting books
- JUMBO Crayons & LARGE-PRINT Coloring books
- Shape Sorting Games (i.e. peg boards)
- and Zip, Snap, Button, & Lace-Up Games (found with children’s learning toys)
- Incontinence Briefs
- Handheld Musical Instruments & Small Bean Bags
- Magnifying Glass
- * Unscented Lotion & Hand Sanitizer
- * Men’s & Women’s Hats, Scarves, & Gloves
- Baseball caps & Fishing Hats
- * Socks or Slippers w/ skid resistant bottoms
- Men’s wallets & Handkerchiefs
- * Afghan or fleece blankets & Soft pillows
- Cosmetic Bags or Small Purses
- Nail Polish & Nail Polish Remover
- Pajamas that button down the front
- *Fuzzy, warm robes (popular request!)
- Fleece bed jackets or zip-up sweatshirts
- Comfortable clothing (easy to put on/take off and does not go over the head)
- Gel seat cushions for wheelchairs, Wheelchair & Walker bags (from medical supply store)
- Healthy Snacks (soft, sugar-free, prepared items like applesauce, pudding, fruit cups, juices)
- Gift Cards: Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, Target, Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree
You can also contribute to Howard Circle of Friends, Alzheimer’s Tennessee’s award-winning senior adult day service program and its participants. The program gives family caregivers the opportunity to take a break or go to work while their loved ones enjoy fun, therapeutic activities in a safe environment. Howard Circle participants would greatly appreciate your support by donating the following items:
- Gift Cards: Hobby Lobby, Target, Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree
- mp3 Players (new or used – such as Ipods, etc.)
- Arts & Crafts Supplies (ie paints, brushes and wooden bird houses, wooden model cars and other wooden objects for painting)
- Storage Totes-Medium Size
- Handheld Musical Instruments
- Small Bean Bags